The School of Engineering at Eastern Michigan University, Ypsilanti MI, seeks outstanding applicants for a tenure-track Assistant Professor position in the Mechanical Engineering program. Candidates should be committed to developing innovative research and educational programs while demonstrating a dedication to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion. We seek scholars from all areas of Mechanical Engineering who will provide inspiration, leadership, and impact in their research, teaching, and service activities.
Under-represented minorities and women are strongly encouraged to apply.
1. An earned doctorate (Ph.D.) in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or other closely related engineering field
2. Evidence of relevant high quality scholarly publications
3. Evidence of successful teaching or mentorship at the undergraduate or graduate level
1. Expertise in at least one of these areas:
a. Design and Manufacturing
b. Dynamics and controls
d. Engineering Education
2. Experience in pursuing external financial support for research
3. Industry and/or relevant post-doctoral experience
4. Interest and demonstrated experience teaching courses related to:
a. Introduction to Engineering, Machine Design, Machine Dynamics, Controls
5. Knowledge and previous experience with ABET Engineering Program accreditation, or willingness to learn and participate
All applicants should submit, in PDF format: (1) a cover letter*, (2) detailed C.V., (3) a brief research statement, (4) a brief teaching statement, (5) up to three representative publications, and (6) the names and contact information of at least three references.
*Please include highest degree of applicant in the first paragraph of the cover letter.
Teaching and research statements should detail specific prior and/or proposed contributions to the improvement of diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) in the engineering and broader communities.
To ensure full consideration, candidates are encouraged to apply before January 13, 2023.